Collette looooooves beans. Baked beans, green beans, kidney beans, black beans, you name it. The other day we were in the grocery store and I found a dried black bean soup mix on clearance. Collette saw it too and said "Ooooooh! Beans!!" I figured for less than $2, why not try it? So I gave it to her to hold in the cart and for the rest of the trip she was happy, saying, "Look Mommy! Beans! Yummy!" She's easily entertained. :)
Last night I made our black bean soup for dinner. (In case you are curious, it was the world's easiest recipe-- soak the beans in water over night, put them in the crock pot with water, a seasoning packet that came with them, and and green pepper/onion if you desire. Garnish with sour cream and cheese.) Collette was ready to eat them by 10am! She begged me all day, "I want beans, Mommy! I want black beans!"
Needless to say, I had a happy girl for dinner last night!



No comments:
Post a Comment